May 28, 2009

look what i got! (part 2)

New kitchen chairs from The Painted Lady!

We had a couple reasons to buy new chairs... Lulu took a liking to our old chairs (that were made of wicker) and chewed through the arms on every single one and she ate one of the seat cushions - darn dog!; and we decided we're going to go with booster seats in lieu of highchairs so we needed chairs that we could attach said boosters to. My one caveat was that I didn't want a "regular" set... I wanted something unique.

And so here's what we found! Four vintage, black-and-white chairs with worn appliques on the inside back. They're totally unique and are just the right amount of kitschy cool.







(Please excuse the bad photography... if it's one thing I could learn to do it's to take better pictures!)

5 comments:

Dionne said...

Oh how cute! They're lovely, Kristin - a great find!

Anne @ The City Sage said...

These plus the locker below are AMAZING finds! Love the vintage sensibility you're cultivating in your place (and those floors of yours? swoon!)

Kristin said...

Hi Anne - thanks for the nice compliments! When we moved into our place two years ago they had the boring old blond wood floors that are so typical of Chicago, and one of the first things on my list was to have them redone in a darker finish. Finally last summer, we got that taken care of, and I've been so happy with them ever since. I'll never go back to blond again!

Rhianne said...

These chairs are gorgeous! I love the cabinet as well.

I have an award for you at my blog as I really enjoy reading yours so much.

Congratulations on the twins :)

TheBeautyFile said...

These chairs are so so cool! I love the hand painted flowers & the black & white! The lockers are such a great idea & so original!